Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sign me up

I had my first signing (only) on June 30 at the LifeWay Christian store here in Greensboro, NC. Things went well. We sold 15 books. Not half bad. Thirteen of those sold to folks I knew (mostly from the racial recon group Claude and I were a part of briefly).

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciated the support from my Greensboro friends but nothing made me feel better than the appearance of a woman who saw me on the Fox8 Morning News. She said that after hearing me on Thursday morning, she knew she just had to buy the book. That was so encouraging (esp. since I thought I just fumbled everything up). That was a God moment.

We purchased a new-to-us van Friday evening. Our old Chevy is on it's very last leg. Thursday we set out for the Garden State to do a couple readings there. Hitting the road big time now. No turning back. 8-)

Here are some pix from the event:






No comments: