Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fox8 in the morning

On the morning of Thursday, June 28 I was on TV. It was a local author spotlight on the local Fox affiliate (Fox8 WGHP).

All in all, it was a little surreal seeing the hairy backside to all the TV magic. My kids and husband were really excited about seeing me on TV. I had bought a new suit, blouse, and shoes for the occasion. (I'm not the shopping type so I'm happy that that's over with). I forgot some of the perky and wise things I'd practiced but I think it went well (read my next post about the LifeWay signing and you'll see what I mean).

I don't have the DVD from my 3 minutes of TV fame yet but here's the blurb that appeared on the Morning News page.

Within an hour of arriving back home, a friend called from the Dallas, TX area. She's been awakened verrrrrrry early Thursday morning from a friend in Lexington (just down the road a piece, as they say, from Greensboro). The friend was in the US visiting family but got so excited when she saw me on TV (she's on the same email prayer group) that she lost her good sense and dialed Texas to share the good news.

Strange but true.

No comments: