Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Barnes & Noble experience

Even though the sounds of construction on the Cafe filled the air, the Barnes and Noble reading went on as scheduled. Good thing I wore a microphone. This was my first reading at a bookstore and to tell the truth, I didn't know what to expect. We did our email and newspaper publicity. I told friends and family but when Becky Carignan (the BN PR woman) asked me how many I thought I could expect I could only shrug.

But not to worry, the turnout was good. I didn't do a head count, but most of the twenty seats were full. Many came after seeing the article in the News and Record.

As usual I read a couple different passages (I get tired of reading the same ones) and I talked about my writers journey and tried to connect the dots for folks about my many 'selves' (web designer, engineer, writer mom).

I was fun. So fun, I forgot to take pix. Usually my husband hovers and takes pictures. This time he stayed at home with the kids. For which I'm ever so grateful.

Check out the News & Record article. In a day or so I should have my radio interview with Dr. Alvin Jones of WCBQ (Oxford, NC)

No comments: