Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Very Good Start


This afternoon I made my first author appearance. To my surprise, I had fun and I learned a lot.

I was honored to be on the panel with two award-winning local authors (Sharon Foster , center, and Staci Barfield, far left). They were like old pros and made me sooooo at ease. I needed that because I was sweating bullets last night. On my knees laboring in prayer. You'd think I was getting crucified the next day.

Far from it. Just more proof (like I need more) that my imagination (and fear) always does me in. There were so many of my old Raleigh friends there, smiling back and asking poignant questions.

I even sold 4 books. Wow! And I donated five to the Wake County library system. So if you're in Wake County, NC go check them out. Then go buy a copy.
;-)

Anyway, that's all for now. It's been a long day. Tomorrow I get back to real life with three energetic boys (that get up too early in the morning). So to bed I must be getting.

Thanks for all your support and prayers. And thanks Sharon for my parade.

1 comment:

Heartfelt Writer said...

Linda,

Congrats on your book tour and all the neat things that come your way as result of your quiet energy and talent. Kudos to ya, Sis!

Renee E.